Expanding an existing facility can involve many challenges for the structural system design.
Common challenges of building expansions include:
- Measuring, and assessing the existing structural systems
- Anticipating the problems and challenges that are likely to be faced for a given type of existing system
- Added loads to existing structural systems
- Reinforcing of existing systems to adhere to current codes and standards
- Maintaining operation or use of an existing facility during the expansion project Connecting existing systems to new systems
Northland Consulting Engineers' extensive experience with older or historic systems allows our firm to understand these challenges and provide the appropriate design solution.